The Executive Director has overall operational responsibility of the program and oversight of the day-to-day operations and management of the Residential Treatment Center’s (RTC) programs and service delivery. It is the responsibility of the Executive Director to oversee program operations and service delivery and ensure all efforts and activities are operating in accordance to Agency and licensing standards and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
Essential duties: Program administration and management (60%)
- Oversee all aspects of RTC operations and work closely with the EVP of Operational Advancement to further initiatives outlined in the strategic plan; strengthen program operations and infrastructure and advance service delivery to support the overall growth of the program and further mission reach; ensure the quality of care, such as treatment and behavior plans and educational programs
- Oversee program activities and service delivery to ensure efforts and projects are concentrated in areas of greatest need and interest for the residents; monitor and evaluate program operations and service delivery and remediate any deficiencies associated with each identified area
- Oversee the working relationships of the program operations and direct care teams and clinical and case management teams to ensure they are working in a collaborative and effective manner that meets or expects the needs of the residents and meets licensing standards and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory requirements
- Oversee program policies, procedures, and processes to ensure they are designed and enforced to meet licensing standards and applicable federal, state, and local regulations
- Position the program and performance outcomes to meet the expected needs of the residents
- Provide updates, recommendations, and plan of action to address areas for improvement or opportunities
- Keep the EVP of Operational Advancement fully informed of the performance outcomes of the program and on all important factors influencing it; identify problems and opportunities, industry trends, regulatory changes and impacts to program operations and activities associated with policy changes and implementation
- Oversee the Continuous Improvement Program for residential treatment
Strategic Leadership (20%)
- Work closely with the EVP of Operational Advancement to establish short term and long term strategies, goals, and objectives for the program
- Build and cultivate strong working relationships and partnerships with program management, administration, staff, volunteers, and the community to ensure program and resident needs are being met and the performance outcomes are being achieved
- Identify risk and ensure appropriate strategies and contingency plans are in place; research industry and market trends and changes in regulations and devise an action plan to address threats and opportunities
Fiscal Responsibility (10%)
- Work closely with the EVP of Operational Advancement to develop an annual budget; responsible for managing the annual budget in accordance to funding guidelines and Agency standards; regularly monitor program costs and expenditures to ensure they are in alignment with funding guidelines and operating within financial projections
- Work closely with the Chief Financial Officer and other members of the Executive and Senior Leadership teams to develop policies and strategies for financial management, including all revenues, expenses, endowment funds, and investments; ensure accountability and long term stability through the conservative fiscal management of resources and endowments
- Present accurate and timely analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends in order to assist the Board in making governing decisions relating to Agency and program operations, new programs, and program expansion
- Provide financial analysis and leadership for issues, opportunities, and threats affecting the Agency, such as evaluation of new alliances and partnerships, funding, regulatory requirements and changes, and financial investments
- Staff management and development (10%)
- Provide ongoing support and coaching to the Executive and Senior Leadership teams to ensure the mission and vision for the Agency is being carried out and the Agency is operating efficiently and effectively, while meeting the strategic goals and objectives; foster a success-oriented, accountable, and results-driven work environment
- Coach and support staff to ensure they have the necessary tools and resources needed to optimize performance and ensure established Agency goals and priorities are achieved; manage, develop, and lead a high performing team of leaders and visionaries to achieve or surpass Agency goals and objectives
- Interview, hire, coach, staff and develop and implement ongoing staff development opportunities; actively engage in succession planning
- Regularly review employee performance and provide supportive and constructive feedback
- Complete, conduct, and submit the 90-day and annual performance evaluations per Agency guidelines
- Build trusting relationships with management, staff, and residents by acting with integrity, courtesy, and responsibility even in the face of stress or demanding workplace conditions and situations.
- Work closely with the EVP of Operational Advancement, other program leadership and management, and staff to ensure the program is operating effectively, efficiently and is meeting program goals, objectives, and priorities.
- Work as team player and exhibit professional behavior and a positive attitude with both internal and external clients, key stakeholders of foundations and corporations and in the community that reflects positively on the Agency and is consistent with Agency policies and practices.