The Director of Grants Foundation Relations is responsible for identifying, initiating, and managing relationships with foundations and state and federal agencies that align with the mission of the Agency and securing funding to increase financial support for program needs. The Director of Foundation Relations with enhance and strengthen relationships with foundations and granting entities, identify prospective funders, build new relationships, develop strategies for foundation fundraising campaigns, manage the foundation and grants team, proactively manage and submit proposals that accurately and effectively articulate the mission of the agency, and establish and manage stewardship, retention, and recruitment of foundation donors.
Grants and Foundation Relations
- Plan, organize, and execute a comprehensive fundraising program to acquire funding from foundations and granting agencies to meet Agency and program fundraising goals and objectives.
- Research, identify, qualify, and write proposals to fund the Agency’s mission, existing programs, new programs, and program expansion; write proposals for both restricted and unrestricted funds for program operations and program expansion.
- Lead and direct the management of the foundation and granting entity portfolio to ensure effective cultivation and solicitation throughout the year, including visiting existing donors.
- Work closely with the VP of Development Operations and the Agency Advancement team to define annual goals and objectives and specific implementation plans that promote the Agency’s mission and bring about awareness.
- Lead and direct foundation and granting entity stewardship efforts to maintain positive relationships.
- Responsible for income generation of $1,500,000+ in annual contributions through foundation and granting entity agreements.
- Manage the Agency’s portfolio of current and prospective foundation and granting entities to identify and cultivate key prospective funders to diversify and strengthen the donor pool; create a pipeline of prospective future funders.
- Manage all department efforts throughout the life cycle of all grant proposals and contracts, including, but not limited to, baseline research, proposal development, submission, and post-award reporting and renewal.
- Manage key relationships with current and prospective private and family foundation grant funding organizations and their key stakeholders.
- Manage an effective tracking system for recording donor giving, donor acknowledgment, grant reporting, and stewardship.
- Coordinate and attend foundation site visits and other cultivation or stewardship events and meetings; coordinate and participate in tours of program sites with existing or prospective foundation and granting entity donors.
- Manage response to federal, state, and local government requests for proposals; create and manage timelines for preparation and submission of proposals.
- Manage compliance with all grant reporting requirements per grant guidelines and ensure report submission meets reporting deadlines.
- Provide leadership in developing and determining measurable goals for grants and foundation relations team that support fundraising goals, objectives, and priorities and the advancement of the Agency’s mission to meet the needs of the programs.
- Work closely with the Finance team to manage spend down and budgets of various grant-associated projects.
- Work closely with statewide programs and their managers to remain aware of funding needs and monitor grant expenditures and measure programmatic impact.
- Oversee department costs and expenditures and ensure they are in alignment with budget allowances and funding source requirements and guidelines.
- Work with cross-functional teams to complete grant proposals, renewals, and new contracts.
- Manage members of the grants and foundation relations team, providing clear outline of annual goals and objectives.
- Provide ongoing support and coaching to all direct report staff to ensure the department is operating effectively and efficiently in accordance with established goals and objectives; support staff to ensure they have necessary tools and resources to optimize performance and ensure established project goals and deliverables are achieved on time and within budget.
- Conduct 90-day and annual evaluations per established completion date.
- Provide communication through reports to the VP of Development Operations with a thorough understanding of project status, critical paths, issues/risks, and opportunities.
- Create performance measurements, track and report progress regarding fundraising goals and objectives, and proactively identify issues and opportunities that impact the Agency and/or specific programs.
- Develop, maintain, and foster effective, long-term relationships with grantors, decision makers, key stakeholders, and staff, with the ability to effectively and clearly articulate an overview and the stories of Agency programs, such as program outcomes, program goals and needs, and industry trends as they relate to the program service population, to ensure fundraising goals and objectives are achieved.
- Work in partnership and collaboration with other members of the Agency to ensure fundraising goals and efforts support and align with the mission, goals and objectives of Upbring.
- Work closely with the VP of Development Operations to ensure department operations are effectively and efficiently supporting the goals of the department and meeting Agency goals and objectives.
- Work as a team player and leader, exhibiting professional behavior and a positive attitude with both internal and external client that reflects positively on the Agency and is consistent with Agency policies and practices. Network and represent the Agency in a professional manner at all times.